MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Players retiring - Should SRs count or not?

View Single Post

Old 04-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #26
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players retiring - Should SRs count or not?

Option A

SRs shouldn't count because the last set isn't finished. It's as simple as that in my opinion. Whether a player is up or down 1-0 or 5-0, you can't say for sure that they were going to win or lose.

It'd be much too hard to try and call the set based on the scoreline, or who was winning, because it just raises too many questions and makes things way too complicated and subjective.

For the same sorts of reasons, I'm also against counting retired matches altogether, but that's a battle I doubt I'd win...

Tennis Tipping 2013
Doubles (275): W
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Tankman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote