MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Official Andreas Seppi Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auf gehts/Forza Andreas Seppi Appreciation thread

From his semi final win over Massu.

http://www.sunrisetennis.com/home/2007_03_17.php

Monfils plays another young gun in Sunday's final - Italian Andreas Seppi, who pulled out a three set win over a determined Nicolas Massu.

Ranked 102 to Massu's No. 50, Seppi took on the tournament's No. 6 seed with consistency and style. The match started with the court in half-sun, half-shade, which Seppi said made the first few games difficult. He lost that set 3-6, but the second game of the second set, which went to a half-dozen deuces, marked a momentum shift - as Seppi broke the Chilean's serve for the first time.

“It was one of the important games in the match,” Seppi said, “...because I was a break down, and then to come back immediately was good for me for confidence. Otherwise a set down and break down, it's always tough so it was pretty good to [win] this long game.”

In the third set, Seppi was an excellent retriever, getting lots of balls back while Massu seemed to melt down - going for winners and missing. “Third set I started really good,” Seppi said. “I don't know maybe he was thinking a little bit about the second, because he made some double faults in the second game, and third game, so I had a good start in the third. When I'm confident I can play pretty good. When I had the chance I went for the winner. It works pretty good and then in the long rallies it's tough against [Massu] because he's running a lot, so you have to keep the points short and maybe sometimes that was the key of the game. I'm pretty patient, but when I have the chance I try to go for the winner so I think both a little bit patient and a little bit risk.”

Seppi also produced winners with crafty drop shots, which Massu wasn't often able to track down. “In the long rallies he's staying pretty far from the baseline, so to make sometimes a drop shot it's good to change the position of the player,” Seppi said. “After winning the second set I was more confident, I knew that maybe if I go up like 3-zero he's going to go a little bit crazy or something - so I tried to be focused the first games and it worked out good.” In fact, Seppi went up 5-0 in the third, before Massu rallied to hold serve.

Looking to tomorrow's final against Gael Monfils, Seppi said “It will be a tough match, it's always a touch match. I played him once in the beginning of this year and I lost, so I hope to play better tomorrow. It's important to be focused on my own game, to serve well, to keep him moving and when I have a shot try to go for a winner, but try to stay focused on my game and not think too much about what he's doing.”

The two played earlier this year in Doha - a match Seppi lost 6-3, 6-4. “It's a good rematch for me,” he said, “and I'm playing better than in the beginning so I hope to stay focused tomorrow, get ready a little bit and for sure it will be a nice final.”

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote