MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mikhail Youzhny: Articles & Interviews

View Single Post

Old 03-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
country flag Melekhin

Melekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond reputeMelekhin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mikhail Youzhny: Articles & Interviews

YOUZHNY ON THE RISE
Mikhail Youzhny proved in February that he can beat practically anyone.

Mickail Youzhny has gained 18 victories this year which is the best result among all tennis players.

Youzhny gained his third singles title at ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament and could get another one at Dubai Tennis Championships but world number one Roger Federer did not let him do it beating him 6-4, 6-3 in the title match.

Youzhny explained the reasons for his successful performance to Sport Express.

"The thing is I've been working hard lately and my success is just the result of this hard work," said youzhny to Sport Express.

"My tennis was good the previous year but there was no result."

"Success comes when you improve different aspects of your game step by step, step by step."

"To improve my game is a priority for me now."

"I don't care about the standings at the moment."

"I serve better now especially when at crucial moments but I have a long way to go anyway."

"That's what I missed in the final with Federer: I could not serve decently."

"I've lost 9 consecutives matches to Federer and though I know what aspects of my game lag behind I can't speak of beating Federe at the moment."

"I liked it to play in Dubai for the atmosphere was very form and there were a lot of my supporters."

"I had to play Soderling twelve hours after I defeated Nadal."

"I must admit it is really deplorable that our interests are not taken into account when ATP makes up the schedule."
Melekhin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote