MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Official PAW Rules + Supplement

View Single Post

Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #30
country flag Hotzenplotz

Hotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś
19. "The fair play rule".

From the quarterfinals, Player B at the lower position (in Ranking Table of given tournament) to Player A, can use the rule:
"I post pick: Ccccc over Ddddd
if Player A picks the same, reverse my pick to Ddddd over Ccccc".
I like the general idea behind the rule though I think the rule itself could be improved.
First, a player ranking lower isn't necessarily at a disadvantage. Say, you lead the tournament before the semis, have one pick left, and are 1 point ahead of the second ranked who has two picks left(imagine this had happened in Dubai with a quite easily to pick tournament winner so you can easily see who has the advantage here). So why not give everyone the choice of a conditional pick? Surely this can't hurt anyone as this can only be an advantage when you consider yourself actually ranking behind someone. Second, why not add the choice:
if Player A picks the same, cancel this pick".
or
if Player A picks the same, I pick Eeeee over Fffff"(a later match).
This is what I would've used today in the PAW Las Vegas where I chose Korolev but would've preferred picking Safin in the second semifinal if the tournament leader had wanted to pick Korolev as well.
Finally, you could allow something like "if both Player A and B pick the same, ..."