MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mikhail Youzhny: Articles & Interviews

View Single Post

Old 02-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mikhail Youzhny: Articles & Interviews

Fantastic Youzhny first semi-finalist

Watch out for Mikhail Youzhny. If he keeps on playing the way he did against David Ferrer, the Russian stylist can easily be reckoned among the favourites for the title in Rotterdam. With an imposing performance and set results 6-2, 7-5, he is the first to reach the semi-finals.

There are few tennis players who can hit the ball as Youzhny does. He makes it appear effortless, sometimes even literally. It almost got him into trouble against the sixth seed Ferrer who, for the first time in this tournament, did not put on his usual sleeveless shirt. In the second set at 5-4 Youzhny lost his service game when serving for the match. It gave his Spanish contender a second chance, but the difference in class was just too great in the decisive phase.

Youzhny was unbeatable in this morning match, to the point of humiliating Ferrer on occasion. He repeatedly hit a drop shot to entice the Spaniard to the net and then finished it off with a beautiful lob. “If I always played like this, I wouldn’t mind having to play so early”, Youzhny commented. “Honestly though, it wasn’t easy. I was still feeling a bit tired.”

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote