MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2007: MTF Top 10 Favourite Players of All Time Results. Federer defends 2006 title

View Single Post

Old 02-22-2007, 08:21 PM   #136
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2007: MTF Top 10 Favourite Players of All Time? Federer is the 2006 champion

My ten with reasons

1. Laver- Rocket Rod was who got me involved in tennis in the first place. Over the years I have come to appreciate him a bit more from recent interviews and from old Davis Cup coverage on the tennis channel
2. Vilas- haven't a clue what he is like personally but he was the first tennis player that I ever met. This was just before he became famous for winning so much and at the time he was very kind and considerate to this teenager who parked cars at the Longwood Tennis Championships. I watched him play as often as he showed up on my TV screen and just loved watching the Bull from the Pampas then
3. Borg- class and style on the court-nuff said
4.Blake- I like his aggressive style and what I perceive to be his class and style off the court.
5. Roddick- ok so sometimes he comes off as a jerk but I like watching him play and I like his self-deprecating sense of humor
6. Russell- came on my radar last year before his recent challenger wins!
7. DelPotro- another on my radar from last year's Madrid Tournie;looking forward to watching this guy grow in tennis terms
8. Rosewall- not quite as likable as Laver but again who cared back then. All you ever got to see of him was on the court. Great player.
9. Federer- grace of a gazelle and smarts on the court; curious as to how long his reign will last
10. The doubles duo- Ram/Erlich- everyone knows my story, don't feel the need to repeat it anymore.

Honourable mention: Tursunov- hysterically funny
Bryan Bros- just like them no major reason-have a great pic of them with a set of female twins who also play tennis
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote