MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Thursday OOP & Scores

View Single Post

Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #26
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thursday OOP & Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
From Rulebook
d) The final standing of each group shall be determined by the first of the following
methods that apply
:
i) Greatest number of wins;
ii) Greatest number of matches completed (a retirement does not count as a completed
match for the retiring player; it does however, count as a completed
match for the opponent of the retiring player).
iii) Head-to-head results if only two (2) players are tied, or if three (3) players are
tied, then:
aa) If three (3) players each have one (1) win, a player having played less than
two (2) matches is automatically eliminated and the player advancing to
the knockout competition is the winner of the match-up of the two (2)
players tied with 1-1 records; or
bb) Highest percentage of sets won; or
cc) Highest percentage of games won.
dd) If any of the above produces one (1) superior player, then this is the winner
of the group; or, if it produces one (1) inferior player, and the two remaining
players are tied, the tie between those two (2) players shall be broken
by head-to-head record.
iv) If ties still exist after the above procedures, then the player with the highest
ranking shall be deemed the winner of the group.
Do you think the players actually get their calculators out the night before their matches to calculate what they need to do? I doubt it...and I don't understand some of what you have said in previous posts, so I'm sure some of the players don't either
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote