MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences. RG/ITWA bans press transcripts

View Single Post

Old 04-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #64
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

The Russians are the funniest guys on tou. I love the lack of bullshit from these guys.

1993 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York, NY
September 8, 1993

A. VOLKOV/T. Muster

7-6 (6), 6-3, 3-6, 2-6, 7-5

AN INTERVIEW WITH ALEXANDER VOLKOV

Q. No nerves?

ALEXANDER VOLKOV: It was too late for nerves.

Q. What do you think the difference was Alexander, I mean he came back on you? How were you able to hold him off?

ALEXANDER VOLKOV: I think it was my mistake tactical. I played very good. I made ball early in the first two sets. I just move him around the court; then I just stopped. I made couple of double faults and it was such a shame, mistake, and he just come back because he can run, I think, for 24 hours. He can-I don't know-I think he was a little better.

Q. What do you remember about last year's match against Sampras here?

ALEXANDER VOLKOV: It wasn't much -- it was just-- I don't know, we playing on one side. I break him in the beginning, but then he just destroyed me because I stop moving at all. I expect him too much at that time. Maybe now I am more experienced and I can play much better, I hope.

Q. He said on TV that he beat you 4 tank and tank last year. He said you tanked?

ALEXANDER VOLKOV: No, I didn't tank. He played very well. If he can remember the matches, just destroy me because if you serve bad against him you just can go away, just wait and see; then shake his hand, because he is very good on the serve and volley and very good from baseline and if you have nothing to do against him, I mean, no serve, no return, just forget it. I played against him few times indoor supreme or green set, it is really difficult to beat him there.

Q. Did you ever finish a match at this time so late?

ALEXANDER VOLKOV: Like this one?

Q. Yeah?

ALEXANDER VOLKOV: I don't remember. Maybe you can ask my wife.

Q. Thank you.

ALEXANDER VOLKOV: Good night.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote