MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences

View Single Post

Old 04-15-2004, 02:32 PM   #61
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Wonder some plays think Tennis journalists are stupid

Q. Andrei, how much are you likely to travel this year?

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: Today, I don't like to travel. I don't like to travel.

Q. So are you not going to travel to a lot of tournaments or what?

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: I will, I will. If we're going to continue to working, I think I have to travel.

Q. We'll see you everywhere.

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: I cannot promise you.

Q. Can he win the French Open?

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: Can he win the French Open?

MARAT SAFIN: No.

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: Okay, you can go out and I give answer. I said already to Marat, the way you played the tournament in let's say Indian Wells, Copenhagen, Monte Carlo, let's say you play the first set then if something happens, like something bad, then you give the match away. And I said it, you know, the way you played until Barcelona, you was not a man. And if we -- if you want to work together with me, you have to be on a court like a man, like a Muster. Muster, he was a big fighter, even he was in a bad mood, didn't sleep, something happening during the match, he never give up. He play until the end.

But of course I would like him to win French Open. You know, every thing is possible during the two weeks in the French Open. The point is you -- it's not only you have to play well sometimes. Also, you have to be lucky sometimes during the tournament, because, you know, the level is so high today and not everybody can play well. Like Ruud last week, he played the biggest match. I never seen Ruud the way he played against Safin. And Safin, he won 7-5 in the third.

Q. But in your opinion, clay is his best surface?

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: I think he can play everywhere. I think he can play well everywhere because he got a good serve and also his hand is quick.

Q. Even grass?

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: Even on grass.

Q. On ice?

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: On ice, he can play Moscow during the winter. And I played on ice, yeah. It's not so easy. You have to -- you have to skate well. (Laughter.)

Q. I always do that in St. Moritz for Christmas. I have experience on ice, as you are experienced on ice.

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: Did you won the tournament in St. Moritz?

Q. I was beaten in the semifinal. Can you say something about the human being? We don't know anything about Safin like man, like guy, what sort of man he is.

ANDREI CHESNOKOV: I don't know, but he's a nice guy and that's it. He's not talking badly about no one, and he has a very good relationships, I think, with everybody. And let's say big heart, I think it's very important in tennis, for the relationships.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote