MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Come on Great Britain

View Single Post

Old 04-10-2004, 06:12 PM   #15
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come on Great Britain

Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski won the doubles rubber to put Britain 2-1 up in their Davis Cup tie against Luxembourg.
The British pair enjoyed a comfortable 6-4 7-6 (9/7) 6-3 win over Gilles Muller and Mike Scheidweiler.

Rusedski showed few signs of rustiness in his first match since January after being cleared of a doping offence.

Luxembourg had set point in the second set but British pair averted the danger and broke straight away in the third set to win in just under two hours.

Luxembourg earned just one break point in the match, and that did not come until towards the end of the third set.

But Henman and Rusedski had trouble penetrating their opponents' serve and had Luxembourg been able to convert their set point in the second set, things could have proved a lot trickier for the British pair.

Rusedski was palpably relieved to have got his comeback under way.

I think I'm more relaxed out there now

Greg Rusedski

"You can practise all you want but it is different being in a match situation," said the 30-year-old Briton.

"It's been an extremely long time since I have enjoyed a tennis match so much," added Rusedski, who last competitive match was at the Australian Open.

"I felt emotional out there because it's taken such a long time but now everything has been put behind me.

"I knew I had to keep those emotions inside and get on with the match but it was pretty comfortable out there."

Henman also felt that he and Rusedski had gelled well.

"It seems that Greg and I click well together and we felt confident coming into the match," said the 29-year-old British number one.

"We knew we just had to be professional and that was the key. The second set was tight but we always felt we had enough to win."

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote