MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ranking Watch

Thread: Ranking Watch
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2007, 05:14 AM   #49
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
Where do you get those numbers from?

As I understand it, Del Potro got 15 points from the second round in Viña, 5 points from the first round in Bs.As. and 10 points from the first round in Costa do Sauipe after coming off the qualies.

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/player...sp?player=D683

Maybe I am wrong but I think Memphis gives 25 points for a first round win (thats reaching R/16) and 60 for a QF.

http://stevegtennis.com/factsheets/2006/a-memphis.htm

Am I missing something?
Del Potro has 15 points from Viña, but replace it with his 19th result and you'll have 9 points less. Then replace Costa's points with his 20th result and you get 5 points less (anyways he'll have his Memphis points by then).

You are right about Memphis, I didn't know the ATP had increased the amount of points this year (last year, a player received 5 points for a 1st round and 15 for a 2nd).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
And how is Del Potro losing Costa do Sauipe's points if the Brazilian tournament last year was held in the 8th week (the week when Memphis is played).

Buenos Aires and Costa changed weeks.

As I see it Del Potro will lose Buenos Aires and Viña's points and going to defend Costa do Sauipe's points in Memphis.
I never said he was losing Costa's points in the 7th week, I just omitted Buenos Aires.
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote