MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Come on Great Britain

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2004, 12:52 AM   #9
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come on Great Britain

Greg won't be playing singles, Arvind will

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3610977.stm

LUXEMBOURG v GB SCHEDULE
Friday singles (1100 BST)
Muller v Parmar
Kremer v Henman
Saturday doubles (1420 BST)
Muller/Scheidweiler v Henman/Rusedski
Sunday singles (1000 BST)
Muller v Henman
Kremer v Parmar

Rusedski sits out singles

DAVIS CUP EURO-AFRICAN ZONE

Luxembourg v GB
Friday 9 April - Sunday 11 April

Greg Rusedski will play just the doubles rubber of Great Britain's Davis Cup tie in Luxembourg.
Arvind Parmar takes his place in the singles, kicking off the tie against Luxembourg number one Gilles Muller.

Tim Henman will play Gilles Kremer and then he and Rusedski will play Muller and Mike Scheidweiler in the doubles.

Rusedski will be playing in his first competitive event since being cleared of a drugs offence by an ATP anti-doping tribunal.

GB team captain Jeremy Bates defended his decision to keep Rusedski back for the doubles, saying: "Arvind has had one of his best ever starts to the year, winning one Challenger tournament and getting to the semi-final of another.

"He deserves his opportunity and we come here with a very strong team.

"Greg is half of a proven doubles partnership with Tim Henman and the fact he will come into play on Saturday feeling fresh is a tremendous boost for us."

Rusedski said he respected Bates' decision to rest him.

"I have no problems with the decision Jeremy has made but I'm feeling very fresh and looking forward to starting in the doubles," said the 30-year-old.

"It's a great feeling to put all the problems of the last few months behind me and get back to what you do best. It feels as though a great weight has been lifted from me."
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote