MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Chucho News and Articles

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #306
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

Thank you very much Anna.
I translate what, IMHO might be new compared with the previous interviews. The thing is he is always asked the same (and he replies almost the same) and there is not anything new to talk about because he haven´t been playing official tournaments..., but this is the opportunity of the Arg. press to interview him, as he is in the country

"Sí, estoy para jugar la primera fecha, que es un poco complicada porque es contra Austria y como visitante, pero si uno quiere ganar la Davis hay que resignar cosas. Yo, por ejemplo, no voy a poder defender los puntos en Viña del Mar (donde fue campeón en 2006), pero si me convocan voy a estar. Para llegar a la final este equipo dejó de lado muchas cosas, torneos, tiempos de descanso, pero en 2007 estoy dispuesto a hacer otro esfuerzo como el que hice en la temporada que terminó. "

translation:

"Yes, I am to play the first tie, which is a little complicated because it´s against Austria and as visitors, but if one wants to win the Davis you have to resign/relegate certain things. I, for example, won´t be able to defend the Viña del Mar points, but I´ll be there if I am called. To reach the final this team left aside a lot of things, tournaments, resting time, but in 2007 I´m willing to make another efford as the one I did in the last season"

1) Help for juniors
Beyond his activity in the tour, José Acasuso is "godfather" of the junior Head tour, in wich he colaborates with some clinics for juniors. "Is something that started in 2006 and will surely continue in the next season. Now, if the Association (AAT- Asosiación Argentina de Tenis) plans to do something for the development of the kids, I have no problem in helping", explained Chucho

And some stats

5) Facing the best 10
Acasuso has got five victories against players inside the top 10. Two were against the Russian Marat Safin (2º), in Dusseldorf 2002 and Barcelona 2005, and then he defeated the Northamerican Andy Roddick (3º) in Roaland Garros 2005, and the Croatian Ivan Ljubicic (5º) in Hamburg, and the Spaniard Tommy Robredo (7º), in Toronto, the last year.

6) In the search of a better ranking
The Misionero closed 2006 in the 27º spot. His best ranking was 20º, reached the last August . In 2006 he played 54 matches, with 33 victories and 21 defeats, what meant the best season of his career.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote