MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Kristof in the Heineken Open - Jan 8-15, 2007

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kristof in the Heineken Open - Jan 8-15, 2007

And Kristof blogs from Auckland

Quote:
Hello! If you’re lucky enough to be here in Auckland for the Heineken Open, you’ll have to be up pretty early to catch up with me for breakfast. I only arrived from Doha two days ago and by seven in the evening I am dead.

At night I am trying to stay awake till 10 but the problem is I wake up at 5.30. Breakfast starts at 6.30 so I’m the first one lined up at the door at 6.20. I took all the same flights from Doha with my countryman Olivier Rochus: Doha to Dubai, Bangkok, Sydney, Auckland. It was a trip of 30 hours.

I’m also here with my coach, Philippe Dehaes, who got married last month. That was a funny story in itself.

On his wedding day I went to the church in the morning and then had to go play an exhibition before coming back for the dinner and party. I had to drive 300 km to do it but I didn't want to miss it. If I knew he was going to get married that day I would never have signed on to play the exhibition. I even had an exhibition the next day so I couldn't stay too long at the party.

The off-season was pretty busy and a little unusual for me after I finished the 2006 season as the No. 1 Belgian. I had to do a lot of things like play exhibitions and the press were always around me.

I had a one-week holiday in the Dominican Republic. I was there with my girlfriend. She also needed some time off because of all the traveling she had been doing and we enjoyed the time together.

I’m pleased to be writing the blog this week. I enjoyed reading the blogs last year and I thought Safin did a great one. I followed the blog of the Xavier Malisse at Indian Wells. He killed me in that one talking about my golf and football. I don't have anything to kill him with just yet. But the week is young!

Kristof

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote