MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jamie 'Stretch' Murray thread

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #64
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie Murray thread

Quote:
Murrays Fight to Win Doubles Game

Andy and Jamie Murray reached the second round of the doubles at the Qatar Open by beating Marcos Baghdatis and Stanislas Wawrinka in a tie-break.

The brothers fought back after losing the first set to win 4-6 6-1 10-5 under the new Champions tie-break format.

The new tie-break is played instead of the third set to speed matches up, with the winner being the first to 10.

Andy will return to singles action on Wednesday when he plays Belgian Christophe Rochus in round two.

The 19-year-old Scot, who is suffering from a bad cold, beat Italian Filippo Volandri in blustery and cold conditions on Monday.

And the fourth seed is hoping the weather improves on Wednesday.

"The conditions were tough for both of us. It was very cold and a bit of wind too," he said.

"I know coming from Scotland I should be used to such conditions but playing at night under the floodlights made it more difficult."
*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote