MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - *Richard Bloomfield*

View Single Post

Old 12-17-2006, 07:14 PM   #29
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *Richard Bloomfield*

There's a really great article in this months 'British Tennis' magazine, where they have done an interview/report on Richard, his off season training, tennis facilities in the UK amongst other things.

The most notable thing mentioned was this:
Quote:
In the latter (referring to the Davis Cup) Bloomfield has never had a chance to prove himself. To say he's disappointed about that is an understatement.
"I think I'm the only player in the British top 15 to have never been picked, even just as a squad member or a hitting partner," he says, looking downcast.
"There was one time when I had a good chance of being in the team. I got a pretty lame excuse from [the then captain] Jeremy Bates and it hurts me a bit. He said I was quite a shy person and he wasn't sure how I'd be in a team situation. If you don't get picked, at least the reason could be a better excuse than that."

How can Bates talk about personality yet have Bogdanovic in the team? Who is most probably one of the least motivated and committed Davis Cup player I have seen

Hopefully with Lloyd at the helm and a good start to the season there should be no reason Richard isn't selected against the Netherlands. By George he deserves it...

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote