MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In which decade did you start watching tennis and how you became a fan?

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #18
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In which decade did you start watching tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalliopeia View Post
I started watching in the 70s, but that's a little bit misleading since I haven't watched constantly all this time. I watched with my mom when I was little because she loved Bjorn Borg. And then I stopped watching when she did I guess, only start again a few years later when I happened across Andre Agassi on tv. And then I came back to it this year after having been away for a few years. I don't see myself fading away from it again as I appreciate the game itself more than I did when I was a teenager crushing on Andre.
Same thing with me, Kalli. My "tennis watching" in the eighties consisted of cheering for Andre, and cheering for anyone I thought Andre could beat later in the tournament(i.e. NOT Pete Sampras).

Once I got to the 90s, I became a little more diversified. Rafter and Guga were also favorites - unless they were playing Andre.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote