MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - JMDP's Schedule/Tounament Merged Thread: 2008

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #15
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Thank for the info. Admit I don't know so much about this RR thing. Guess we can only see how things go after the first couple of tournaments. I'd certainly forgotten about the 8 day thing too - so no New Year's Eve celebrations for poor Juan Martin
I didn't use to care about RR...

...but then ATP Buenos Aires was selected to be one of the Tournaments to test that system.

The bad thing is that there will be no more big surprises in the first stages of the tournaments. That means the low ranked players have less opportunities to go far...

Plus with the 24 player RR format (Viña del Mar will have it), the Draw is reduced from 32 to 24. That means the low ranked players will have it more difficult to enter the tournament.

On the other hand, with the 32 player RR format (tested in Adelaide, Buenos Aires and many other Tournaments), there will be one more day of tennis (tournaments start on Sunday) and 8 more matches.

I don't know if you have seen this thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89129

Last edited by Hendu : 11-21-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!