MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - JMDP's Schedule/Tounament Merged Thread: 2008

View Single Post

Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #14
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
Yes, Adelaide is the First Tournament with RR.

Adelaide will have the 32 player RR format, so that means Juan Martín will play in the 16 player play-off for a place in the groups stage.

Until now, the players who will be part of that play-off are:

17 Hajek, Jan CZE 76
18 Hernych, Jan CZE 77
19 Vassallo Arguello, Martin ARG 80
20 Dancevic, Frank CAN 87
21 Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 91
22 Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 92
23 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 93
24 Vanek, Jiri CZE 94
25 Delic, Amer USA 96
26 (Q)
27 (Q)
28 (Q)
29 (Q)
30 (WC)
31 (WC)
32 (WC)

If he wins his match agaisnt someone of those players, then he will play other two matches (in the groups stage) for a place in the quarterfinals.

The rest of the tournament has the usual single-elimination format.

Oh, and the tournament will not start the 1st of January but on Sunday 31 December, because the tournament will last 8 days.

Thank for the info. Admit I don't know so much about this RR thing. Guess we can only see how things go after the first couple of tournaments. I'd certainly forgotten about the 8 day thing too - so no New Year's Eve celebrations for poor Juan Martin

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!