MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Martin Lee ?

Thread: Martin Lee ?
View Single Post

Old 11-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Martin Lee ?

Martin has retired today....Good luck to him in the future.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/at...o1013453.shtml

British tennis player Martin Lee, 28, has announced his retirement from the sport. Lee reached 94 in the ATP world rankings in 2002, but was dogged by injuries later in his career.

"I've always felt that if I ever stopped playing tennis then it'd be time to stop," he said of the decision. "The injuries have taken their toll over the last six months. I haven't been enjoying playing as much as before."

Lee reached one ATP event final, in Newport in 2001, and played against Tim Henman and Pete Sampras on centre court at Wimbledon in 2001 and 2002 respectively.

"Reaching the final in Newport was definitely my most memorable week on tour," he said. "I was having real problems with my knee then so couldn't even practise.

"I was ranked about 130 going into that week and moved up to 103 afterwards which meant I gained acceptance into the US Open on the back of that.

"I beat James Blake in the semis but lost to Neville Godwin in the final."

This is not the end of the road for Lee in the world of tennis, however.

"I definitely want to go into coaching," he said. "I have a lot of experience from 12 years on tour.

"I'd like to help our better juniors and I feel I know what it takes because I've been there."
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote