MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - British Players: Who's your man?!

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2006, 06:48 PM   #15
country flag Morgan Z

Morgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Players: Who's your man?!

Dan Cox is playing like a future top 10 player, not just top 100. Just look at his results....

He got his first senior ranking point at the age of 15 years and 2 months. I don't think that anybody in the present top 100 can beat that. Nadal got his first point at 15 and 4.

He reached the finals of Le Petit As, Tarbes, widely believed to be the best 14&U tournament in the world, when he was 13 years and 4 months old.

This year he has defeated two top 600 players and took a set off Harsh Mankad on grass.

Even though he was ranked outside the top 200 in Juniors, he defeated three top 50 players in straight sets at Roehampton this year. That included a 6-2 6-3 demolition of the then junior world number 14, Sho Aida. He also became the youngest player to win a round at this year's Junior Wimbly.

These are just a few of the many things which makes him our first world class talent since Andy Murray.

I rate Graeme Dyce behind Dan Cox and Dan Evans, but that's just my opinion.

Marcus Willis, Neil Pauffley, Josh Milton, Daniel Smethurst, Faris Akhazzan and David Rice are a few others from the 1989-1990 age group who have a good chance of making it to the top 100.
Morgan Z is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote