MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping 2009 Rules Thread (out of date - use 2013 Rules)

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #9
country flag Melvins

Melvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Rules and Changes Thread

- Entry system: Entries by ranking. I think it's bad the pressure to made a commintment, so I think that sign-in should be open, maybe, 3 weeks before the tournament start and close at 7 days before the tournament start. We should give more importance to Challenger Series, more tournaments and, maybe, give more points than in real situation (of course, less than ATP) to be more easy a CH player win points and entry in ATP Tour.

- Draw sizes: The same as ATP. Never a Int. Series and Masters Series with 128 players. Maybe extend the tournaments like New Haven and St Poelten to 64 players. The Masters Series philosophy is to the top 50 players, so no extend, like in real circuit.

- Ranking system: I think actual ranking system it's the best. 4 GS + 14 best tourn. (+ TMC). We should dignify the Grand Slams, but I think the importance of Masters Series is more points. Sylvester, I think we don't should penalize a player that can't play it like an injury, because don't play it, it's already a hard to him. So, 4 mandotories tournaments it's enough.

- Qualifying for the 2007 doubles TMC (regular partners?): I'm not sure, but I think the regular partners system to Masters Cup is not the best. I have a regular partner, but I understand who want play with many partners. Also, if a partner can't play in the Masters Cup week? It's unfair for another partner can't play it.

- Davis Cup system: With divisions and relegations and promotions, etc... Only a team by country. 2 top singles players and 2 top doubles players (+ alternates).

- The use of TB's and CB's: I like CB's. Even, I think that CB's its more fair than TB's. I think we should the actual system. Only it's better think in an alternative to the TB's, because TB's = 90% of lucky.

- Round Robin format: I'm really afraid of this! Not sure!

- Losing by ranking: Only if no alternative system. But in case of tie, higher ranking should win the match.

- SE's: YES!!!!!!.

- LL system: Yes to qualication. Not sure about 2nd round LL.

- Late picks: Yes, but with regulation. e.g. Only 2 matches late and can count a late match if the match be at the middle of 1st set (6 games) and no breaks advantage.

- Challengers (who can play them?): In the weeks with ATP tournaments (except 2nd weeks) top 20/30 don't should play CH, but in the Davis Cup, 2nd weeks and rest weeks always can play it.

- Counting the retired matches: No if no set complete or no advantage to the winner. e.g. we should count a match "6-4 1-0 ret", "7-6 0-1 ret" or "7-5 2-6 3-1 ret" but not "5-4 ret", "5-0 ret", "4-6 3-3 ret" or "4-6 6-4 2-4 ret".

FREDERICO GIL - RUI MACHADO - GASTÂO ELIAS - LEONARDO TAVARES
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO - NEUZA SILVA - FREDERICA PIEDADE - MARIA JOÃO KOEHLER - MAGALI DE LATTRE

THE FUTURE
GASTÃO ELIAS
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO
Melvins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote