MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping 2009 Rules Thread (out of date - use 2013 Rules)

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
country flag Andre♥

Andre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Rules and Changes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
- Entry system
- Draw sizes
- Ranking system
- Qualifying for the 2007 doubles TMC (regular partners?)
- Davis Cup system
- The use of TB's and CB's
- Round Robin format
- Losing by ranking
- SE's
- LL system
- Late picks
- Challengers (who can play them?)
- Counting the retired matches
- Entry system: The same as ATP, but since we don't have wild cards, we would have the wild card spots in the entry list spots, too.

- Draw sizes: The same as ATP.

- Ranking system: The same as ATP. I like the mandatory tournaments. If you can't play them, it's bad. But it's bad when a player is injured and can't play them neither. So I would make 4 GS + 9 MS + 5 Best Results (+ Shanghai)

- Qualifying for the 2007 doubles TMC (regular partners?): I would like the regular partners, because it's realistic. But I think a lot of persons don't want them...

- Davis Cup system: The same as ATP. With divisions and relegations and promotions, etc...

- The use of TB's and CB's: I'm against CB's. All matches of a round should have TB's and only if we have a tie then, we should use a countback. It's unfair to lose a third round match because you had a bad second round match.

- Round Robin format: We should try it once. And see how it works.

- Losing by ranking: No!!! It's horrible! And if we have to do it, I think the player with the lowest ranking should be the one who gets through.

- SE's: We need them. They have rules, so nobody can say to us that we are prefering a player over another player.

- LL system: The same as ATP. No LL in a second round, please.

- Late picks: We should count them. Sometimes players like Gaudio only start playing in the second set and they aren't replaced by a LL... lol

- Challengers (who can play them?): Anybody but the Top 20. In ATP the players between 21-50 can play it if they get a wildcard. Since we don't have those, we should let them play.

- Counting the retired matches: Yes.

*JOÃO SOUSA* *GASTÃO ELIAS* *FREDERICO GIL* *PEDRO SOUSA* *RUI MACHADO*
Andre♥ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote