MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - the term "Stan the Man"

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute
Default the term "Stan the Man"

Stan is often called "Stan the Man", but where did this term come from?

I know I am one of the first who used this term in this forum, but I didn't create the term, and it appears that some other people used this term at the same time without looking at each other's posts. I used it, because I have heard this term before, and thought it suits to Stan, when he is playing good. I know someone whose nickname is also Stan, and he uses sort of "Stan the man" in his e-mail address. And, he is not related to tennis, and I doubt he knows who Stanislas Wawrinka is. And, he's got his e-mail address way longer than Stanislas has been around in ATP.

Does anyone have a clue??

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote