MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Should we bring the Round Robin Format to TT in 2007?

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #18
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we bring the Round Robin Format to TT in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
The Challengers for the weeks that there are RR events might get busy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
No way. I agree that people are going to be avoiding the RR tournaments. I know I would be definitely steering away from them coz the format is just wrong for the game of tennis so it would be wrong for the game of TT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
Would it be only played at the tournaments who also have RR? If so I'd alway play another one.

I agree with the above posters. I voted no. RR makes me nauseous. It makes me ill just thinking about how it is ruining our sport and I am not entertaining the idea of it in TT either. I will never play a RR TT event. I would rather play challengers, qualifying, or if all those are full, I would rather not play at all. I will absolutely never sign up for one of the RR events. Just as a matter of principle. I am strongly against it in real tennis, and I certainly can't bring myself to support it here.

If you must, try it once, and hopefully no one will sign up for it so you lot will never have the idea to implement it again. So many of us are so upset about it being put into play in real life and now you're going to ruin TT with it too. I don't know, I just hate the idea of it.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote