MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Buying a new racquet: did i get this right...

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
country flag boka

boka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond reputeboka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a new racquet: did i get this right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vass View Post
People with slow swings should buy lighter racquets to have more power?
I have a pretty slow swing it seems and i had trouble hitting deep shots with my older racquet.
If you hit a nail with a small hammer you have to hit it hard , and if you wanna hit it with a sledgehammer you don't need too much power.
Is that logical?
I have a lighter raquet now compared to my older one and even doe I'm much stronger now as i used to be ( and I know that technique is way more important) , the ball coming from the racquet doesn't seem to have the same speed as before.
I hope I'm making sence , I'm struggling with my English.And if I am mistaking hopefuly someone will correct me.