MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2006, 12:17 AM   #60
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87
I think Marat will win his 2 singles but could Argentina win doubles and the other 2 singles?

Chucho has a 2-0 vs Marat but always on clay, so i don't think Luly will pick him for hard courts....Nalbandian never does well vs Marat and he won't this time neither, in Moscow!! so i think for Argentina is very difficult thing to win in Moscow.
If Safin is anywhere near his top level - he can take 2 rubbers for Russia. However, as much as I respect Safin's game and ability he has had a patchy year (and that's being kind). I don't think he is a guarantee for 2 Russian wins.

El Rey has a dreadful record against Marat, but he still has a fair chance at beating him. Their USO match could have gone either way. 4 years ago they met in DC on carpet and after 2 TB sets, Safin ran away with the match when they were both working on empty after the epic doubles the day before.

I think it's very possible that Nalbandian beats Davydenko (or whoever the Russians put up), that we win the doubles.........and then it's just looking for that crucial 3rd win, which could come again from Nalbandian, or hopefully one of Chucho, Calleri or Chela snagging a victory somewhere.

Whatever happens I think the potential is there for a great DC final that can go to the wire, but I'll be happy to take 3-0 and make it an anti-climax.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote