MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2 Friday Night Plays

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
country flag callitasicit

callitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Friday Night Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156
This week`s record, 5-1

Angels/As under 8

That is a generous total for Weaver versus Zito. Chalk is at -110 and I expect it to increase. 5 of the last 6 meetings between these two teams have been settled by a 5 or less run total. Weaver has been pitching deeper into games and the Angel bullpen has been sharp. Weaver has given up 2 runs or fewer in 12 of his 17 starts. In his last start he pitched 7 scoreless innings in Tx. Zito has a 1.72 ERA in two starts against the Angels this year, plus the Angels have not been hitting well, averaging just two runs a game in their last three, none of it involving pitching of the caliber of Zito.

Twins over Orioles, -116

Never underestimate the spoiler role this time of year but I don`t see it happening tonight. The Twins have won 13 of their last 16, are 4-2 in the season series with the Orioles, and have Silva on the mound who has been on a major roll, is 2-0 with a .90 ERA in his last two starts. Cabrera is going the other direction. After a solid August, he has gone 0-2 with a 7.78 ERA this month in four starts. Look for the Twins to redeem themselves from their embarrassing loss last night in Boston.
Silva screwed us both! There is no excuse to lose such a big game to such a bad team.
callitasicit is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote