MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ** Andre News Articles & Interviews !! **

View Single Post

Old 02-14-2004, 03:19 AM   #21
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** Andre Articles & Interviews !! **

a snippet of an article from tennisx:

Agassi Wins, Shrugs Off Retirement at ATP San Jose
Posted on February*12,*2004
Andre Agassi won in his opener at the ATP stop in San Jose, but not without some effort. The former No. 1 beat Georgia's (the country, stupid, not the state) Irakli Labadze, who he had lost to in 2001 at Shanghai, with a grinding 7-6(4), 6-4 effort featuring one service break.
"I'm going on 34, and I feel if I do things right I'll keep myself in position to win," said Agassi, indicating he will play beyond the 2004 season. "I would tend to believe there are a few years left."
Labadze, who earned the nickname "Freak Show" for his vast array of shots and unpredictability, kept Agassi off balance with a big lefty serve, and an variety of backhand slice and topspin.
"That was an awkward match," Agassi said. "I felt like I was playing better than him in most departments except I couldn't quite get over that hump of breaking his serve." Agassi will face Weslie Moodie on Thursday.

MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote