MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - DC- Guy Forget vs FFT (9/02/04)

View Single Post

Old 02-11-2004, 06:25 AM   #2
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC- Guy Forget vs FFT

i hope i've translated this right
i'm a little confused coz i didnt know nething about this but he's not a happy man!

Tension between Guy Forget and the FFT
Sunday after the France's victory over Croatia in the first round of DC, the French team captain said that there was scheming going on (by the fft) against him and there was an unfair amount of pressure placed on his shoulders.

The FFT took 24 hours to respond to the accusation.

"Concerning the injustified attacks thrown by Guy Forget against the the federation, the president was both surprised and disapointed. He has nevertheless said that he didn't want to debate this and obviously, everyone from the federation who were present in Metz were there to support and encourage the French."

Guy Forget had stated that he felt there was too much pressure on him and the members of the team, and said he was sorry to see that members of the federation had their arms crossed during the victory over Croatia.

NO CONTRACT BETWEEN FORGET AND THE FFT
"I dont like arguing. When you see what happened last weekend during the Davis Cup i felt that when people came to me and said they would be behind me if we lost the tie, i didnt know what to believe. I felt a certain pressure, something, i don't know what it was. If we didn't win that tie, i know there was one person who would be blamed and one person only. And despite my past results we have achieved with the team, in the end i know it wouldn't mean anything.

Guy Forget was also unhappy about the reduction of the federal budget for sport.

"Sometimes i dont share my ideas about some people. But i had a problem with what was happening at the Federation. There was a campain against me to remove me as captain, also against Jean-Claude Massias (director) and also those who are playing."

Guy Forget - whose case will be investigated on Friday, the day before the general assembly of the FFT, won't be supported by any existing contract he holds with the FFT. His renumerations are calculated by a percentage of takings from DC (victory en 2001, final in 1999 and 2002) and the Fed Cup (victory in 2003).

At 39 years of age, he became the captain of both the male and female teams in 1999.

Last edited by esther : 02-11-2004 at 06:28 AM.
esther is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote