MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Is Lleyton Hewitt a "phenomenon?"

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2002, 11:43 PM   #9
luvbadboys

luvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond reputeluvbadboys has a reputation beyond repute

HELL YEAH!
First the obvious: youngest #1 ever,

2) compared to Andre who at 21 had 1 slam and Pete 21 who had 1 slam Lleyton has 2,

3)At 21 he has 16/17? title Pete had 18,

4)at 16 turns pro, beats Andre Agassi who in 98 was at the top of his game and gets first professional title.

5) last year he had an 80-17 win loss record

6) has been on top of the entry rankings list since dec 2001

These are just the stats I have in my head, more research is required unless someone else can put up more info. I know there's lots more.

This is for the romance fans also I don't know if that's a mark of a phenom or not but he accomplished all this while maintaining a high profile long term relationship

Are you asking for a comparison to the current group of 18-22 year old on the circuit or a comparison to past greats?
luvbadboys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote