MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who's going?

Thread: Who's going?
View Single Post

Old 08-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
country flag basil333

basil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player's practice times and courts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_mj88
thanks basil....i guess we will just cross our fingers and hope for good luck.

does roger practice every day at the Open? I mean... are you more likely to catch him practicing and a day that he has a match.... or on an off day?

yes we hope to see him and take pictures!
I cant speak for the US Open, only been once back in 2001 before all the tight security features were in place, but I have been to many other tournaments, Roger usually practices every day regardless of a match day or not. If you get the feeling he is going to come onto a court near you, stay there!

I took my neice to Roland Garros this year, Dominik Hirbaty was on his own "looking lost!" on a practice court next to a court Nicolas Lapentti was playing on, we were sitting at the back of the Match court - but more or less next to Dominik's bag - there was a fence between us and the bag (hope this makes sense!) and 20 minutes later Roger walked onto the court Dominik was on. Long story short - 1 hour later my neice got a signed photograph as she was in the most perfect place ever - but 40,000 people had crowded round this court too - she also managed to wish him luck and he was very sweet with her. GOOD LUCK and happy Roger hunting!

Optimism is a wonderful thing - 1 part Optimism is worth 100 parts Pessimism

A parachute is like the mind - it only works when OPEN
basil333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote