MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Swimming

Thread: Swimming
View Single Post

Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #762
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming

Hackett High As He Pops The Question

01-Aug-2006 Craig Lord

Grant Hackett, the Olympic champion and world record holder over 1,500m freestyle, is engaged to Australian singer Candice Alley.

The swimmer took his 23-year-old wife-to-be on a hot air balloon ride for her birthday on June 23 and presented the performer with a 4.2-carat diamond and platinum ring, according to reports from Australia.

The couple met when the singer performed at the 2004 Aussie Swimmer of the Year Awards. "I thought the balloon ride was a great idea and I was really impressed he'd gone to so much trouble for my birthday. Then, as we descended over a lake, he pulled out the ring and proposed. It was an amazing moment," Miss Alley told Aussie reporters.

Hackett, 26, said the experience was tougher "than swimming for gold".

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote