MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News Arnaud

Thread: News Arnaud
View Single Post

Old 01-28-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: News Arnaud

Hi everyone,
i just came back to Geneva today. Its hard to come back to the cold and snow, it's a little shocking at first. As you know, i'm a bit disapointed with my australian open. It was only the day after when i understood my stupid behaviour (whyyyyyyy did i ask him what had happened *ashamed*. But now that i look back on it...the way the match went along i guess it wasn't that surprising.

Injured at the end of the season which mean i couldnt play at Bercy, i trained hard during winter. It was different to most other years because i usually didnt start it so early. Personaly, i need to train hard physically to be able to train well tennis wise.

LIke i said in my previous journal, i left for Adelaide with a bit of pain in my thigh. A few days after that i went into the tournament in quite different conditions. In sydney i reached the quarters and i lost to Hewitt but i think i played a big match. Physically i was scared i'd aggrevate an injury so i coudlnt play to my maximum before Melbourne. So i couldn't train at my best there either.

Australian Open: the famous match which turned sour. was a nightmare. I had a stomach ache in the middle of the third set. I think i ate something bad. Then i started to get fatigued..then felt sick too so it wasnt easy to play with that! But in the fifth set, i didnt feel any of that anymore. Was pretty weird. I was better prepared but i couldnt pull it off.

So now im looking ahead. I have a few days to work hard for the DC. It's a great event which brings out a certain motivation in all the players. To be together with the other guys is great. Guy will have to make some decisions for the team to ensure we are at our best for the first round. I hope that you will come and support us and knwo the public is behind us, but i dont have any doubt that you will do that!

So i have to go because im tired from the jet lag. And hoepfully i'll be right for training on wednesday.

I thank you for your support which was given to me during my australian tournament.
thank you,
Arnaud