MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ivo Klec

Thread: Ivo Klec
View Single Post

Old 07-30-2006, 02:44 AM   #1
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Ivo Klec

Doesn't he have his own thread? Anyway, I saw him on TV this week at the Campos do Jordao challenger and appreciated his agressive style of play. He has a very strong serve and rushes to the net quite often. No wonder he prefers the hard courts. Also he reminded me a bit of Kiefer, not only his facial features but his constant bitching to the umpire. But despite losing the match to Mello today, he looked very happy in the ceremony, after all it was the first challenger final of his career.

So here are some random facts about him:

- He is 25 years old.
- He has double nationality. He was born in Slovakia but lives in Germany, and he played for Germany until last year I think.
- He speaks four languages: Slovak, Czech, German and English.
- He has been on the main draw of two ATP events this year: Dubai (where he def. Bracciali in the first round) and Barcelona.
- He's currently ranked just outside top 200. With Karol Beck's suspension, he will likely become the second best-ranked Slovakian singles player (behind Hrbaty), so he has a good chance of being part of the Slovakian Davis Cup team in the future.

And here are some pics of the guy (the only ones I found, sorry )

Whoever is interested, feel free to contribute with any additional info on him.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote