MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Basic - Long Lasting Strings? (Newbie Advice Please)

View Single Post

Old 07-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Basic - Long Lasting Strings? (Newbie Advice Please)

Hey I had a chat with ae woww about my situation. I dont play competitively, so I dont need top quality strings. He reccomended me synthetic gut, and I believe a tension of 55/80 (can't remember exactly, so thats why I am posting here). I dont know anything about the tensions to be honest. Anyway I am looking for a generic tension, not too tight or loose. Suggestions on the tension I should use? Not looking for a focus of power or control (but looking for a balance in-between).

As for the strings I just want ones that will last. I mean I managed to use the crappy nylon ones supplied with my racket for two years, but I knew it was on its way out and tonight the string went. So is synthetic gut the way to go?

Thanks guys. Gonna ring up a few clubs/stores tomorrow, so need to ask what they have and what they can do etc (so wanted to get some knowledge beforehand).

Last edited by joeb_uk : 07-25-2006 at 08:07 PM.
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote