MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Go 'head, bite the big Apple..." - Rolling Stones (Robby at the USOpen!)

View Single Post

Old 07-19-2006, 05:10 AM   #14
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby: Hard head on the hard courts for the US Open series

from an article...
Victory was sweet in two hours, 16 minutes. "I can't remember the last time I was this nervous before a match," said Ginepri. "Somehow I snuck this one out. I was absolutely exhausted, and a lot of that was nerves."

The winner overcame 57 unforced errors , striking 35 winners and breaking five times against Falla, who committed 61 errors .

"In matches like this, you really need the crowd support, they fire you up," Ginepri said of the fans who urged him on in searing heat and humidity.

Conditions proved to be draining for the winner. "I was absolutely exhausted. I wasn't playing close to my best tennis, but I found a way to win. That kind of a match is much more satisfying than winning in easy straight sets.

"I'll recover tomorrow and be ready to go for my next match."

Falla committed 61 UEs ... I hope Robby's not as nervous in his next match as he was today, or if he is, that he is able to overcome the nerves the way he did today! Hopefully he will have less UEs also and play closer to his best tennis!
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote