MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles, News, Quotes ...

View Single Post

Old 07-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #59
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News, Quotes ...

from JB site
Quote:
2006-06-30
Great form

My form from Nottingham is intact. I am through to the third round in Wimbledon after beating Lukas Dlouhy on Thursday, 6-3, 6-4, 4-6, 1-6, 6-4. I controlled the first two sets, but he broke my serve early in the third, took a lot of chances and suddenly he was on a roll. I waited for his mistakes that never happened, and I served poorly until the fifth set, when I found my timing. In the fifth set, I managed to get an early break and keep that lead. He was very unpredictable, could do three big mistakes in a row, and then hit five fantastic winners. Those kind of players are hard to control, an it is easy to get passive against them. But it was a good sign that at could play my best tennis when I needed it the most, in the fifth set.
I will now play against the Italian Daniel Bracciali on Friday. He is a really good grass player, beat Dominik Hrbaty in the first round. I am sure that it is going to be a close call, but he meets an old fox in a great form...!
Max Mirnyi will play against James Blake at the same time, and later we have a doubles match against Jiri Novak and Tomas Cibulec. It is a tight schedule due to the rain, let´s´just hope that we get time to recover enough between matches.

2006-07-01
Just better and better

I am starting to feel like a vintage wine - just getting better with age! On Friday I advanced to the last 16 in Wimbledon after beating the Italian Daniele Bracciali, 7-5, 6-2, 6-1. First set was the key to victory. He served for the set at 5-3, but I managed to break back and win four straight games. When I broke his serve early in the second set, he started shaking his head and making gestures to himself, having his missed oppurtunity in the first set fresh in memory. From then on, I could control the match, never letting him get back to his rhytm or into the match again. I was one step ahead and forced him to play to difficult. A bonus that I could win in three sets, considering the tight schedule.
I was on a roll, so Max Mirnyi and I continued the trend and beat Jiri Novak and Tomas Cibulec in three sets, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2.
The draw is quite amazing this year. First Thomas Johansson in the first round, and on Monday I will face Max Mirnyi, who beat James Blake in five sets.
Everything feels just great right now!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote