MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Commentary at its finest

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #38
country flag brent-o

brent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

I was watching the Serena Williams-Sharapova Australian Open Semifinal from 2005 and Mary Carillo and Dick Enberg were commentating. Mary was going on and on about how great Sharapova is. I don't remember the exact sentence but she said something to the effect of "And the scary thing is this girl does everything great. She has a solid backhand, her forehand is a thing of beauty (sorry, had to stop to spit up my tea there but alas, it gets worse). Not to mention she's solid at the net and moves exceptionally well for a girl of her size. She's the real deal" MY GOD! CARILLO WAS ON SOMETHING THAT DAY! I'll agree Sharapova is good but her awkward hook forehand (while effective) is not beautiful and well her volleys, we shall not venture there. I just had to chuckle. Dick was noticeabley quiet and eventually Mary said something like "Am I right?" and Dick, trying to sidestep the question, was like "She'll be a factor on the tour for a time to come" haha nice save Enberg.
brent-o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote