MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Join our blogging team!

View Single Post

Old 06-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #39
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
I am still concerned Amanda about those people who post information which isn't factually based. Some info here gets passed off as fact when it is really fiction or opinion and I feel that is worrisome. In my experience ,sometimes the power of the internet propagates information that just should not be out there. But I wish all well in this endeavor. Any idea how the players might feel about this?
In our experience bloggers on our team concentrate on reporting known facts such as match previews, results and match reports. They are not interested in spreading sensationalist stories that stem from the pressure of selling news papers and traditional media outlets. It's a very different environment. When they do pass comment on such gossip, it's usually to rubbish the stories and defend the individual involved.

This new wave of blogging gives power to the individual to write and publish content about subjects that are important to them. I don't believe any player is going to be offended that some of their most passionate fans care to write about their careers in a positive way. Quite likely the reverse will be true.

The most important thing is blogging and posting news is fun for alot of people. As fun as posting on the forums. We hope our technology will make it even more enjoyable than using the generic tools offered by the likes of Microsoft and Google. Because our blogging software has been built for the sole purpose of producing tennis blog sites, and making it as easy as possible to produce professional-looking tennis sites with great content.

I feel this all adds an exciting new dimension to a thriving community that is already packed with an awesome amount of information for fans of the sport. The fact ATP players are also party to blogging on on the official tour site shows how far this new publishing medium has come.

But I know I can't convince everyone this is an exciting positive thing to be part of.
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote