MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles, News, Quotes ...

View Single Post

Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 AM   #54
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News, Quotes ...

more ...
Quote:
2006-06-22
QF in Nottingham

I will play against Feliciano Lopez in the quarter finals today after beating Jiri Vanek yesterday, 6-3, 6-3. Feels great. Important for me to be winning again after a down period. I played smart against Vanek with good variation, and thought through attacks to the net. You have to play very effective volleys here, otherwise they will pass you immediately.
Feliciano Lopez is an aggressive player with a good serve, and like me he has found his game again in this tournament. It can go either way. But have got the taste for winning now...!

2006-06-22
With McEnroe in Stockholm Open!

We´ve been talking about it for some time, and now it´s decided: I will bring John McEnroe with me to Stockholm Open this year, and we´ll be there to win the tournament!
It was a fantastic experience to play with John McEnroe in San Jose earlier this year. It was his comeback to the ATP tour, and it couldn´t have turned out in a better way. We won the tournament then, and it feels very special for me to get the oppurtunity to play with John again, and maybe repeat our success, on my homeground in Stockholm.
John McEnroe is a legend. An extraordinary tennis player. But also with a certain kind of magic arround his personality. To play side by side with him is a great honour for any player on the tour today.
We found each other on the court in a very natural way in San Jose. We think about tennis in the same way and use our instincts and feeling. It will be much more difficult to win in Stockholm than in San Jose. Stockholm Open is twice as big, and 3 or 4 of the 10 best doubles teams in the world comes to the tournament every year. But we come to win, anything else is out of the question.
Regardless if we will go all the way or not, it´s going to be a great "homecoming party"!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote