MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Why Andy

Thread: Why Andy
View Single Post

Old 06-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #17
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyfan, why?

But you will still be drawn by Andy's witty interviews, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
okay, so the question is why am I STILL here? I have asked myself this a lot lately And what makes me kind of sad is that every time he has a stupid loss, I care just a little bit less.

But Andy's personality reminds me of me, the sacrasm, dry humor, self-depracation. It's my kind of humor. Andy would be that fun person I'd love to just hang out and have a good time with. And he's pretty much still got that, so I still love that about him.

I think the first time I actually saw him was in 2002 on Craig Kilborn and I was like, wow this kid is funny. To that point, my interest in tennis was mostly the older American guys - Pete, Andre, Courier. I only watched the slams, etc. Just like any casual sports fan I guess - when I saw it on I caught it, but I didn't search the tv listings or anything.

So 2003 rolls around and I see this guy again, at Wimbledon. but I didn't really pay that much attention - all I remember is that I was home and I told my dad I didn't wanna know the results since they were showing it taped. (That was when I didn't care enough to be able to do that ) And then I started seeing him win all summer long, I saw the Montreal match against Fed, the match against Mardy in Cincy, etc. and of course then the USO which I followed the whole way pretty closely.

So what really got me to the point today, is watching him play and that fire and passion and spunk and the big huge game. And it's those things that are not there as much anymore. I'd like to think they're not gone forever, but we're going on well over a year now, almost 2 even, so it's like, if they don't come back soon, if the things that got me to support him and stuff are gone forever, if he's not that player anymore, at some point i'm going to just stop caring - not on purpose, but I just know it will happen.

So I think what's keeping me on at this point is the hope that he will recover it, and the periodic glimpses of the big serves and forehands and spunky on court personality that he shows once in a great while - it gives me hope that all those things I was drawn to are still there somewhere.