MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles, News, Quotes ...

View Single Post

Old 06-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #49
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles, News, Quotes ...

from JB:
Quote:
2006-06-19
On top of the world!

The good news first: Max Mirnyi and I are now ranked as the worlds best doubles tennis team, since Bob and Mike Bryan just reached the semi final in Queens, while we reached the final.
Then the not so good news: Max and I lost this weekends final in Queens against Kevin Ullyett and Paul Hanley in a very close match, 4-6, 6-3, 8-10. It didn´t come easy for us this week. We lost the first sets, came back to win the second sets, and the played really good super tiebreaks to win the matches. The final was nearly exactly the same. They broke our serve twice and got 3-0 directly in the first set. We broke them at 3-2 in the second set, and then played good into the super tiebreak. We really should have won it, we had a 5-3 lead, and 8-6 with a serve of our own, but unfortunately we made a few tactical mistakes that we will talk about and correct until Wimbledon starts.
This was the first time that we lost a super tiebreak. Not the best timing maybe, but let´s see it this way: now we have more to give in Wimbledon. And I also think that we have a slight psychological advantage against the Bryan´s.

2006-06-19
Single in Nottingham

This week I will play the singles in Nottingham. I have fond memories from this place, having won the tournament twice, and I hope that this can help me to improve my singles game. I have to be more consistant, make less easy mistakes, and control the frustration I sometimes feel over the fact that I can´t quite manage to play as good in matches that I do when I´m training. It would be great for my game and confidence just to win a few matches. That would ease the tension that you build up when you don´t live up to your full potential.
I will play against the Argentinian Agustin Calleri on Tuesday. He is a hard hitter and good on hardcourt, so it won´t be an easy match. But the sweeter the victory!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote