MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Sorry players' interviews. Death of Tennis Mourning Thread.

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sorry players' interviews. Death of Tennis Mourning Thread.

Indian Wells 2006

James Blake apologised to the organisers for ruining their hopes of a dream final between the top two players in the world.

But the American sent the home fans wild when he defeated Spain's Rafael Nadal 7-5 6-3 in the semi-final of the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells.

World number one Roger Federer had earlier eased into the final with a straight-sets victory.

The top seed and two-time defending champion defeated Paradorn Srichaphan 6-2 6-3 and the scene was set for a showdown with world number two Nadal.

But Blake surprised the second seed with some inspired tennis in front of a partisan crowd of 16,260 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.

"I'm sorry I ruined the story," said Blake. "Rafael is a great player and he brings out the best in me."

And Blake is aware of the task he faces against Federer but is determined to give it his best shot.

He added: "For me, tomorrow is going to be a conscious effort to calm myself and find some way to get him."

Nadal was eloquent in defeat and paid tribute to Blake, who enters the world's top 10 this week after his recent fine run of form.

Nadal said: "I make no excuses, I have to say congratulations to James."
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote