MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Evgueni KOROLEV - future of Russian tennis

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #141
country flag drf716

drf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evgueni KOROLEV - future of Russian tennis

The kids are (still) alright…

Even closer to home, Parisian youngster Alexandre Sidorenko is only one match away from qualifying for the French Open outright. The 18-year-old is one of the great white (or should that be red, white and blue?) hopes of French tennis, having won the Australian Open junior championship this year. Sticking with the down-under theme, Sidorenko overcame Peter Luczak 6-0 6-3, despite the Aussie's world ranking of 140 and the fact that he had made it through to the third round of his home tournament in Melbourne.

Young Alex was not the only teenager with something to celebrate. Russia's Evgeny Korolev (18) and Argentina's Juan Martin Del Potro (17) are also only two sets away from glory. So near, and yet still so far - will youthful exuberance see them through the third and final round of qualifiers, or will their lack of experience prove too great a hurdle?
drf716 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote