MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - *~*~Vamos Rafa at Roland Garros!!! ~*~*

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
country flag mallorn

mallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default *~*~Vamos Rafa at Roland Garros!!! ~*~*

It's still ten days to go, but there are articles about RG already, so I thought I might just as well start a thread.

The official site: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html

Personally, I think it's the best of the GS sites.

In case you're wondering when Rafa's first match is going to be, no one knows yet. This article was translated by nou.amic of vr.com:

Quote:
ROLAND GARROS STARTS ON A SUNDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

Paris cannot decide between Nadal and Federer for the first day of the tournament

By Joan Solsona. Barcelona

For the first time in its history, Roland Garros begins on a Sunday, thus extending the length of the tournament by one day, to the delight of the fans. The second Grand Slam of the year begins on Sunday 28th May but, on that day, only four matches will be played on each of the three central courts: Philippe Chatrier, Suzanne Lenglen and the one known as the bullring because it is circular. The organizers are looking for attractive matches for an inaugural day with so few matches and they have to decide whether it will be Roger Federer, world number one, or Rafael Nadal, last year's champion, that will make his debute on the first day.

The organizers of the French tournament will wait until after the draw is made, at Roland Garros on Friday 26th May, to decide which of the two best ATP players first enters the ring in Paris. Toni Nadal, Rafa's trainer, is quite certain that if he could choose: "I would prefer to play on the Tuesday because that way you can train more and you're more into the tournament because it has already started." It is worth mentioning that the player that plays on the Sunday, whether it is Nadal or Federer, will have at least two days rest and will not play his second match until Wednesday.

Sharapova or Mauresmo?
Although last year's winner in Paris was Justine Henin, the two great attractions for the public are Amelie Mauresmo and Maria Sharapova. One of them will have to make her debute on the first day of the tournament, although both are injured at the moment.

- 81 - 28 - 4 -
mallorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote