MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Best 5 Set Records Active Players Only. Robredo leads

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2004, 10:36 AM   #13
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best 5 Set Records

It was sad that he retired so early, but if his heart wasn't in it, then that was the best for him. If he played for another 3 years, then he might have won a US Open, I think he definitely could have won 2 more FOs.

He is truly respected and revered in Sweden and especially by Guga ( the bowing at the FO ceremony) and Roger worships him as well.

I mean if it wasn't him the world wouldn't have seen Edberg, Wilander or the other Swedish players. Tennis used to be a snobby, yuppie sport in Sweden until he came along, the success and the federation built excellent tennis centres throughout the country to inspire the next generation.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote