MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Björn Phau

Thread: Björn Phau
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #84
country flag Alexiana

Alexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond reputeAlexiana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Björn Phau

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
Björn is really winning all the must-win matches this year. I think he has now 3 QF's and 1 SF in 2006 and he will stay in the top 100 easily once again.

But somehow he has no big reputation in Germany. I mean it's a fact that he's #3 in Germany at the moment, but he was never candidate for Wildcards and Daviscup, maybe because other players are more talented.

Alex Waske is also not a big talent and still got 7 wildcards in a row in German ATP tournaments.
yeah, but Waske surely got the Daviscup bonus and the people like him very much. He is an outgoing character and has the ability to push the crowd. Phau is a constant player but he hasn't the reputation, Alex has yet. And he gets into the maindraw often without the need of a WC.