MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Albert in 2006

Thread: Albert in 2006
View Single Post

Old 04-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #7
country flag Agassi Fan

Agassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albert in 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
April 22, 2006
Albert Costa Retires in Barcelona

Albert Costa arrived in Barcelona ready to play just as he had for more than a decade, but this time with the knowledge that it would be his final professional tournament.

The Spaniard, who won the French Open in 2003, revealed at a press conference to announce his retirement that he hoped to one day be the Spanish Davis Cup captain, and join the Merrill Lynch Tour of Champions that is taking place this week.

“I'm going to try to be Davis Cup captain one day and I would love to join the Merrill Lynch Tour of Champions, if I was invited. For sure I would like to play,” he said.

The press conference was attended by Costa's old rivals and former Roland Garros finalists Alex Corretja and Alberto Berasetegui, and he admitted to feeling emotional as he prepared to play his final tournament – the Open Seat 2006 – next week.

“For me it is very special to be here to play my final tournament here. It is very emotional for me and it was very difficult for me to take this decision to retire, but it is now time for me to say Goodbye,” said Costa.

Known for his grinding baseline skills and his gorgeous one-handed backhand, Costa listed two moments in his career as those that he would remember most fondly.

“I can not say only one moment, there are two – when I won Roland Garros, and when Spain won the Davis Cup.”

It completes an eventful week for tennis after former Australian Open finalist Thomas Enqvist also announced that he was hanging up his racquet.
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...ta_retires.asp

Tennis posters, photos, autograph to sell or swap.
www.gportal.hu/portal/posters
Soccer posters to sell or swap!!
www.gportal.hu/portal/nikesoccer
Agassi Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote