MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Florent Serra

Thread: Florent Serra
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #187
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florent Serra

I've thought to make a short summary of last Florent's affairs since I wasn't able to observe everything in the right time...

So. Flo seemed to have a great time during DC tie against Russia practicing in a great company and loudly cheering his mates from the bench . The last thing looked especially nice because I haven't seen him reacting so actively on empire's decisions even when he plays some important match himself.

Next week he practised in the same great company (what a good choice ) again. The only difference is that it was in Aix-en-Provence, on the clay courts.

And this week we could see the results of his work in Monaco. He played his first match against Srichaphan who has never been an easy rival. And so even despite the fine looking scores 6-1 7-5 I bet the match was pretty tough.

The next his match was the last one for Monaco tourney but Flo can be proud of it anyway. Here is the story:

Serra y a cru.
Florent Serra a bien failli faire tomber la tête de série numéro 4, le Croate Ivan Ljubicic. Le Français avait pourtant bien entamé la rencontre, en remportant le premier set 6-4. Mais Ljubicic a pris le meilleur dans la seconde manche (6-3) , et les deux hommes se sont alors engagés dans un troisème set très serré. Serra a malheureusement lâché au plus mauvais moment, concédant son service à 5-5 pour s'incliner finalement 7-5. A ce niveau, c'est souvent l'expérience qui fait la différence, et Serra pourra nourrir quelques regrets.

The next step has to be participating at Casablanka tournament next week where he's likely to be the 1st seed.
EDIT: now it's unlikely because he is out. Maybe he's right because there was no possibility to play against higher-ranked players - the thing he usually likes...

Nicolas Devilder

Last edited by Hangdog : 04-22-2006 at 05:17 AM.
Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote